How to become an awesome Super Affiliate.
Affiliate marketing is booming. I want to show you how to become a super affiliate in 2020 and beyond.
COVID-19 started to spread throughout the world. This caused many countries to go into lockdown.
Many workers were left without any income, companies closed there doors (some of them never to open again).
As the number of unemployed people increased, many searched the internet for methods to earn money online.
Affiliate Marketing is one of the easiest and cheapest methods to start an online business. We find many marketers fail. This is the result of not having enough knowledge.
In this post, I want to help first-time internet marketers (and some more experienced marketers) to become a super affiliate.
Let us start at the beginning.
What is affiliate marketing?
Previously a system called Revenue Sharing was used before the internet.
With the invention of the internet, it evolved with what we now know as affiliate marketing.
Any affiliate system requires the following:
- Vendors – The sellers that provides the products or services
- Affiliate Networks – The network vendors subscribe to to get more exposure. Vendors may have their own affiliate programs.
- Affiliates – This is the people that sign up to promote the vendor’s products. They receive a commission on sales.
The whole process is very simple.
An affiliate joins an affiliate network/program. Affiliates are assigned a unique number. This is their affiliate number.
The affiliate chooses the product(s) they want to promote. The system creates a web link to the product. It contains your affiliate code as well. The affiliate promotes products with this link.
The buyer follows the link to the product. Buyers that click your link, is connected to your account. After payment is done, you are paid your affiliate commission.
The affiliate program handles every aspect of the transaction. Most affiliate programs keeps record or the click and conversions in real-time.
Any good affiliate network will be able to produce a report that shows you all your affiliate sales.
Why affiliate marketing?
Reasons why people choose to start as online marketers:
- It is free to join affiliate networks.
- You don’t have any stock to purchase.
- Many affiliate programs supply tools and resources to help you with promotions. (Banners, images, etc).
- Payments are handled by the vendor.
- No customer service issues. The vendor will see to all inquiries.
Where do we start with internet marketing?
Strange as it might seem, becoming a good affiliate does not start with a great product.
The very first thing that must be sorted is your own mindset.
To be successful, a positive mindset is important.
It will determine if you are successful or not. Will you do what is necessary. You must be willing to do your bit every day.
To get your mindset right, you must find your “personal why”.
Why are you starting an online business?
Your “personal why” must be:
- Personal to you, e.g. to buy a sports car.
- Must hurt you if you do not accomplish it.
- Must motivate you to work every day.
I am not going to explain every detail here. If you want to read more on this topic, I recommend a great book, “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek (2009): Simon Sinek.
Set yourself a clear income goal!
You must have a target to aim for. It must be challenging. When you reach it, it will be fulfilling. You will have a sense of accomplishment.
Here is an example of how to set a income goal:
- Calculate annual income (to quit your job) $120 000
- Investment to improve yourself (training) $ 20 000
- Invest in others (e.g. for your wife to quit) $ 80 000
- Subtotal $220 000
- Challenge yourself (serve as motivation) x2
- Your income target will be: $440 000
In this example you have to reach $440 000 to reach your target.
You can break it down to $110 000 per quarter, $36 666 per month or $1 222 per day.
When your mindset is sorted, we move to the next step.
Find you niche you want to work with.
A niche is just the market you are going to target.
The best niche to target will be something that you have knowledge about. It must be an answer to a problem. It must be big enough. Must have enough products to promote.
Niches that are regulated by law, is not always a good niche to target. The reason being that it may not be available everywhere.
You may want to read Find Your Niche – The Step-By-Step Guide To Finding Your Niche So You Can Stand Out and Create Success Faster to learn more about niches.
Products and Networks
To become a successful marketer, we are not going to promote every product we can find. This is where a super affiliate do it a little bit different from you normal affiliates.
They promote their “One Product” constantly, and recommend additional products. Additional products fall in the same niche as the “one product”.
Your “one product” must meet the following requirements:
- Must solve a problem
- have high conversions
- have upgrades (funnel)
- you must believe in the product
- must be evergreen – must be relevant for a long time.
- you must know the product
Join an affiliate network. This will provide you with many products to promote.
Examples of affiliate networks are:
The money is in the list.
I am sure that you have heard this saying before. Unfortunately, the bad news is that it is true. The good news is that you can create your own list.
Here is what you need to do.
- Create a lead magnet: This is a high-quality product that adds value. You will be giving this away for free to get a visitor’s email address.
- Autoresponder – GetResponse or Aweber, the 2 biggest in the game.
- Landing page – Create a page that promotes your lead magnet. It is a short page with an image, heading, some text, and the lead capture form that the visitor will complete.
- Followup email series: from your welcome email to various promotions. These will be sent to your list on specified days after they joined your list.
- Website – Domain name and hosting. Blue Host or Eleven2
- WordPress – to create a blog
This is in short what you will need to create free traffic to your site.
You will have to invest in the autoresponder. GetResponse is by far the cheaper of the two that I recommend.
How to connect everything
When you have everything working, it is time to start growing your list.
First, you need to create your landing page. This is where you capture the visitor’s email address. This is captured in your autoresponder’s list.
Next you start promoting your lead magnet, pointing interested people to your landing page.
This you can do with your blog, youtube channel, forum signatures, solo ads, etc.
You create your email series, send it out to your list.
Your subscribers start trusting you, and start buying products that you recommend.
In this post is a lot of information. I did not discuss everything in detail.
You may download my free copy of “Super Affiliate Builder” where I do discuss everything in more detail.